With only 20 years, Armend Alimi, the former captain of Bashkimi, is real leader of the midfield of Milano Kumanovo and regular member of the Macedonian U21 national football team.
Armend Alimi is born on 11/12/1987 in Kumanovo. In the Macedonian First League he has played about 70 matches for Bashkimi and Milano and has scored 7 goals. So far he played 6 matches for the Macedonian U21 national team and scored one goal, the winning goal in the 1:0 win against Estonia.
Where and when have you started playing football?
– My career started at 12 years in Bashkimi. I am pretty content with what I have reached so far, but that doesn’t means that I am stopping now. On the contrary, I will continue with the hard work and try to reach the best world-wide football stages.
You’ve worked with different coaches so far. Who has left the best impression? From whom did you learn the most?
– I’ve worked with many coaches, but when I have to choose some, I will choose Hisni Madzuni and Erkan Jusuf. Those two have given me the biggest chance and I am most grateful to them, as well to every other coach that I had the chance to learn from.
What are Milano’s ambitions for the next season and how far do you think can Milano go in the European competitions?
– We take one step at a time. Firstly, we’d like to secure a place for the UEFA cup either via the championship or the Macedonian Cup competition. In the next season, we will be definitely in the first-place-battle and we’ll try to go as far as we can in UEFA cup and represent Macedonia in best way.
Who do you consider as best players that are currently playing in the Macedonian first league?
– There are many good players that are currently in Macedonia and deserve to play in Europe, but I wont be mentioning any names.
Our information say that you have been followed by scouts from abroad for a longer time now. Will you be leaving Macedonia this summer?
– I am waiting for the best offer and if something like that pops out, then why not?
You are playing for Milano, but Your heart is still with Bashkimi, isn’t that right? How big do you consider Bashkimi’s chances for avoiding the relegation this season and do you think that if they relegate, they will come back to the first league immediately?
– I believe Bashkimi will fight till the very end, though they have hard task in front of them. But, even if we see Bashkimi in the second league for the next season, I believe they will return to the first league quickly with the great help of one of the best fans in Macedonia ‘ILIRET’.
How big are Macedonia U21 chances for qualifying to the European Championship?
– I think we have fair chances. We have two more games where we have to win. We have a good squad, a friendly atmosphere and we deserve to go the European Championship for players under 21 years.
When do you expect to get a call for the seniors?
– If I continue playing in this style, I think I will have my place in the Macedonia national team very soon. It will be my big pleasure to play for the national team.